Sunday, October 15, 2006

It's Sunday.
It's Sunday and I wasn't able to go to church today.
That sucks.
Probably isn't appropriate to say "sucks" about something church related.
Well, that's what happens when you aren't able to go to church, you say things that aren't appropriate.

The Duke came home from church so cheerful that he was whistling. That's what I love about church. Does anyone ever come home from work, or school, or from doing errands so happy that they whistle? If you do, don't tell me, I won't like you.

Think of what we refer to our lives as:
The Rat Race
The Daily Grind
Survival of the Fittest
The Vicious Circle
It's a Jungle out There

And how do we deal with it?
One day at a time
Drowning our sorrows
As best we can
One foot in front of the other

So I go to church for three hours every week. I take the sacrament to remind myself that someone whom I have never met loved me enough to give his life for me. I listen to my friends share their thoughts on life, the gospel, and the scriptures. I participate in group discussions where I share my thoughts and feelings and learn from the other people in my ward. I sing along to and listen to uplifting and inspired music.
It's three hours every week. That's 1/56th of my week. How could I say no to spending 1/56th of my week doing something that will make me feel better about the world that we live in, that will help me understand who I am and why I'm here, that will sustain me and give me strength to get through the rest of the week.

I can't say no to that, and why would I want to?

So you see, I wasn't able to go to church today, so the rest of this week will probably suck.

2 comments:

manic hispanic said...

what stood in your way of happiness this weekend?
I don't want your week to suck.

Megan said...

I'm a sickie this week